Vegan Scallops made from Trumpet Mushrooms
Scallop mushrooms adapted from @chez.jorge
- 1 8oz package Trumpet Mushrooms
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Chili Sauce:
- 8 oz Red Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 Garlic Bulbs
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Chives
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/3 Cup White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water and 1 teaspoon Water for Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- Slice trumpet mushrooms into 3/4 of an inch. carefully slice 1 centimeter slices horizontal and vertical.
- Drizzle oil on a medium sized pan over medium heat, add mushrooms and salt. Cook each side for about 2 to 3 minutes until slightly golden brown. Set aside.
Combine peppers, garlic, salt, sugar, vinegars, chives and water in a blender. Blend on medium until chunky. Remove 1/4 of the blended mixture.
Turn the blender on high and liquify the remaining contents of the blender.
Strain the liquified mixture so that you are left with just the juices.
Add the strained juice and reserved chunky bits to a pot.
Meanwhile, add the cornstarch to a small bowl with 1 teaspoon water, stir to mix well.
Heat the pot over medium to high heat. Once warm, add the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
After reaching a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle chili sauce over scallops and enjoy 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews