Vegan Leek Potato Soup
Served 4 to 6
- 10 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 4 Medium Russet or Yukon Potatoes
- 1 Whole Small to Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Medium Leek
- 8 to 10 Kale Leaves
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste (1 teaspoon each)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Optional; Field Roast Smoked Apple and Sage Vegan Sausage Field Roast
- Boil water and soak cashews for a least 40 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil, chopped onions, chopped leeks, chopped potatoes (make sure potatoes are thin and at least 1/2 inch wide, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Add in vegetable broth.
- In a bullet or blender blend cashews, nutritional yeast and 3/4 cup water. Once the cashews are well blended add to soup. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Use an emulsion blender to blend the soup, blend until nice and creamy. If you do not have one you may use a hand mixer. I recommend carefully scooping the soup out in small batches into a large bowl to mix with a hand mixer.
- Add chopped kale and mix.
- Optional; if adding vegan sausage, slice into small circles and sauté with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes until both sides are nice and crispy. Add to soup and enjoy!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews