Vegan and Gluten Free Soyrizo Poutine
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- Elburirto’s Soyrizo (Elburrito Organic Soyrizo)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Large Leek
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Chopped Red Onion
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wrap each potato in foil and bake for 1 hour or until fully cooked and soft to touch. Set aside and cool in fridge.
- In a small pot add vegetable broth, water, garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Let it come to a soft boil over medium heat.
- Slowly add in gluten free flour, a teaspoon to a tablespoon at a time while stirring with a whisk. Repeat until you get a nice creamy gravy texture. If needed add more flour.
- Once potatoes have chilled, lay horizontal and cut into 3 centimeter thick circles.
- In a cast iron or large pan add vegetable oil over medium to high heat. Let it heat up to 3 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully place the potatoes into oil and fry each side for about 2 to 3 minutes each. You want it to be crispy.
- In a separate pan drizzle a teaspoon of oil and the add the entire soyrizo package onto the pan. Saute for about 5 minutes flipping it over once. You want the nice brown cooked marks on both sides.
- Slice the leek into small thin circles and add to the vegetable oil once the potatoes have finished. Let fry for 1 to 2 minutes until crispy (not dark brown). Pull out and set aside.
- Chop the onion, tomatoes, and avocado.
Lay out your potatoes, smother the potatoes with soyrizo and gravy; top with leeks, onions, tomatoes, avocados and your favorite hot sauce!