Sweet Potato Turkey Burger
- 1 package of Organic Ground Turkey 16 oz
- 1 to 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Sprigs of Kale (any kind, I prefer purple curly kale)
- 1 Avocado
Seasoning for Ground Turkey:
- 1/3 Fresh Yellow Onion
- 1 Fresh Small Shallot
- 2 Tablespoons Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 F
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients for the parsley sauce together until pureed and set aside.
- Dice the yellow onion and the shallot well.
- In a large bowl mix the ground turkey, onion, shallot and seasoning for the ground turkey.
- Make the ground turkey into small patties (make them a little smaller than your “sweet potato buns”). Bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Slice you sweet potato (as seen in photo above) about 1/2 inch thick.
- On a cookie sheet, add parchment paper and lay out your sliced sweet potatoes side by side. Drizzle oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stack patty, drizzle or drench parsley sauce, add avocado slices, kale and top with the sweet potato bun 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews