Sour Dough Grilled Cheese with Fig Jam and Arugula
- 2 Slices of Sour Dough Bread
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Fig Jam (https://www.robertrothschild.com/collections/mustard-condiments/products/smoky-fig-roasted-garlic-spread?variant=18330237059)
- 2 to 3 Thick Slices of White Cheddar Cheese (depending on how cheesy you like yours)
- 1/3 Cup Arugula
- In a cast iron (for more flavor) or sauce pan add a tad bit of butter about 1/2 a tablespoon.
- On one side of each of your sourdough slices, spread the butter on pretty heavy. Then spread on one slice only (the opposite side of the butter) the fig jam.
- Turn the burner to a low heat and place both slices of bread on the pan, butter side down. You should have one slice of bread with the fig jam facing up.
- Add your slices of white cheddar on top of both slices. Cover with a lid and let the cheese start to melt.
- Once the cheese starts to melt, use a spatula and flip one side of the bread on to the other, so both the sides of the cheese are touching.
- Turn the heat to a low medium and fry each side, making sure not to burn it. Add more butter if necessary. Keep flipping until both sides are crispy and the cheese is fully melted.
- Once finished carefully take off the pan, lift one side up and add your arugula to the middle.
- Then enjoy that cheesy and sweet fig jam goodness 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews