Roasted Butternut Squash with Arugula Pesto
3 to 4 Servings
- 1 Large Organic Butternut Squash
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Sage
Arugula Pesto (Nut Free)
- 2 Cups Packed Organic Arugula
- 1 Lemon; squeeze for fresh Juice
- 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cut or use a potato peeler to get all the skin off of the butternut squash. (Cut in half or thirds to make the cutting or peeling more easier).
- Once you have removed all the skin, cut into one inch cubes. Add to a medium bowl, add oil and seasonings.
- Lay out on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping and moving them around every 15 minutes.
- Add all ingredients for the pesto into a blender, food processor or bullet and puree.
Drizzle over butternut squash and enjoy!
Submit your review