Pork Tenderloin with Caramelized Shallots and Pear Smear
Served 4 to 6
- I used 1/3 of the jar of Raspberry Honey Mustard Dip
- 1 Pound Pork Tenderloin
- 5 Small Shallots
- 4 Pears Royal Verano Pears
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar (white or red)
- Cover the pork thoroughly with the mustard dip and let sit for 1 to 2 hours in the fridge to marinate.
- Melt butter and oil over medium heat.
- Peel and cut shallots in half, carefully place face down in the pan. Add salt. Cook until shallots begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Lower the heat and stir often until all the shallots begin to brown.
- Peel and chop all the pears into small cubes.
- Add pears to the shallots, stir until mushy and golden brown. (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, water, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a slow bubble. Stir until everything starts to thicken up (about 15 minutes).
- Bring your barbecue to (around 500F). Sear both sides of the pork.
- Barbecue the pork for 35 minutes, flipping occasionally. Make sure the pork is cook all the way through (should be at least 145 F).
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews