Homemade Vegetable Broth and Vegetable Soup with a side of Beer Bread
Saved vegetable scraps (2 Gallon bag full) (https://www.createwithkendra.com/recipes/saved-vegetable-scraps-for-vegetable-broth/)
- 8 to 10 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 6 Asparagas
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Small Zucchinis
- 6 Large Carrots
- 10 Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 Shallot
- 1 Jalapeño
- 4 Broccolini Trees
- 1 Red Potato
- Udon Noodles (or any noddles you prefer)
Seasoning for Broth:
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
Optional: 2 Organic Chicken Breasts
- Chop all of your veggies to 1/2 inch sized cubes, set aside.
- Saute the onion, shallots and garlic in your soup pot with a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the vegetable broth to the sauted onions, shallots and garlic and let it come to a light boil. Add in your vegetables and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 a package of the udon noodles (if you want more noodles add all).
- In a seperate pan add 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Chop up your chicken into little 1 inch cubes.
- Saute until fully cooked add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to soup once fully cooked and let simmer in the soup for another 10 minutes.
- 12 oz can of room temperature beer (any kind)
- 1 Bottle Beer Bread Mix
- Add beer to beer bread mix and mix well. in a greased pan or dutch oven place your dough and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Beer Bread Mix
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews