Ground Turkey, Jalapeño and Fried Shallot Pizza
- 1 1/3 Cup Spelt Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
7 Tablespoons of Filtered Water
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 Cup to 3/4 Cp Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Sauce (For Sauce; 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1.2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1/2 Package of Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Garlic Powder
- 1 Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 F
- Ground Turkey; Chop yellow onion , 1/2 shallot, and garlic and sauté oven medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook until lightly golden brown.
- In a medium bowl add, ground turkey, seasonings, and cooked onion, shallot and garlic; mix well.
- oil your hands and make 1 1/2 inch sized turkey balls. Place on a cookie sheet or in a casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil stir and slowly add in 7 tablespoons of water; start kneading dough for 60 seconds.
- Let the dough sit and cover it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to the shape that you desire and prick with a fork all over.
- I divide my dough in half and make two small pizzas.
- Bake crust for 12 minutes.
- In a small pan, sauté the whole sliced shallot until crispy and light brown. Set aside.
- Mix with the tomato sauce the seasonings for the sauce.
- Slice the Jalapeño.
- Once pizza crust has baked for 12 minutes add your sauce, cheese, Jalapeño, and shallots.
- Take the cooked turkey balls and chop up into small squares; add to the top of the pizza and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Optional: Homemade Ranch
(I am not a huge fan of mayonnaise, so I use veganaise. Feel free to use whatever you prefer.
But trust me this is sooooo good!
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Dill
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
Then I even top with fresh sliced avocado after the pizza comes out of the oven, its my favorite!
Submit your review