Fried Tofu Dish with Avocado and Eggplant (Appetizer)
Serves 3 to 6 People
- 1 Package (14 oz) Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup and 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons Gluten Free (or Regular Soy Sauce)
- 3 Teaspoons Eden Foods – Organic Seaweed Gomasio – Sesame Seeds, Seaweed & Sea Salt
- 2 Japanese Eggplants
- 2 Large Avocados (avocados should not be over ripe)
- Drain the water from the tofu.
- Slice the tofu into two large rectangles. Then slice each rectangle into 2 Centimeters thick tofu squares.
- In a large castiron or large pan; add 1/2 cup vegetable oil and place on simmer to medium heat for 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 teaspoons seaweed/seed mixture. Mix well. Marinated all the tofu in the mixture for 2 minutes before frying.
- Fry each side until a light crispy golden brown.
- Set aside tofu to cool.
- Hold on to left over marinade
- In a large separate pan, add two tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Slice eggplant into 2 centimeters each.
- Add eggplant to pan with 1/2 tablespoon sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and 1 teaspoon seaweed/seed mixture.
- Saute for 5 minutes, until lightly fried on each side.
- Slice the avocado in half and peel the skin off each side.
- Lay the avocado face down and slice thick avocado slices (2 centimeters).
- Line the plate up with avocado, tofu, eggplant, avocado, tofu, eggplant, and so on.
- Drizzle over the extra sauce on the whole plate.
- Optional; make more sauce if you like it saucy 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews