French Toast with Homemade Bread
3 to 4 Servings
Ingredients for Bread:
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 1/2 Cup Flour (All Purpose Organic)
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 1/4 Cup Milk (I used Almond Milk, you may use whatever milk you like)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a large bowl or kitchen aid (heat bowl with warm water and then dump the water) add yeast to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add honey and warm water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well (with kitchen aid or mixer)
- Spoon dough into two loafs.
- Set aside in a warm place and let rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Ingredients for French Toast:
- Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoon of Butter
- In a large pan add one tablespoon of butter over medium to low heat.
- In a medium sized bowl add 4 eggs and scramble, vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Slice your bread a little over once inch thick. Dip both side and cover well in the scramble. Place on the pan and cook both sides about 1 to 2 minutes each until a light golden brown. Set aside and repeat.
- Drizzle as much maple syrup as you want over your french toast and if you are feeling fancy add some powder sugar on top 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews