Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken
Serves 2 to 4
- 5 Pounds Whole Chicken
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Large Yellow or White Onion
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch of Rosemary
- 1 Bunch of Thyme
- 5 Large Carrots
- 1 Cup Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
Optional; add 2 chopped potatoes around the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large dutch oven, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped onions, and garlic (save a hand full to put inside the chicken).
- Add the hand full of onions, garlic, and a couple sprigs of rosemary and thyme to place in the chicken (make sure to remove anything on the inside before placing inside).
- Place the chicken on the onions and garlic in the dutch oven. Add chopped carrots and potatoes around the sides of the chicken. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, squeezed juice from 2 lemons, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and garlic powder. Place the lemons that were squeezed inside the chicken and add the vegetable or chicken broth.
- Cover with the lid and bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, take the lid off, place the oven to broil and let broil for another 10 to 30 minutes.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly and reaches at least 165 F from the inside out.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews