Dairy Free Chicken Pot Pie (with gluten free option)
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 5 Celery Sticks from Stalk
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1/4 Bag of Peas
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Mushroom Bouillon Broth (Mushroom Broth)
- 1/4 Cup Broth (any kind – for cooking chicken)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Bobs Red Mills Gluten Free pie Crust (Gluten Free Pie Crust) (follow directions on the back, make two separate batches and substitute butter for vegan butter (any kind will work)
- In a braiser or dutch oven add 1/4 cup of broth, add both chicken breasts to pan, cover with lid and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat add chopped onions, celery, and peas and cook until onions are a light golden brown.
- Add in chopped mushrooms and cook for another minute.
- In a separate bowl add mushroom bouillon broth. Whisk in gluten free flour.
- Add broth and the gluten free flour mixture to the vegetables over medium heat and stir until it starts to thicken (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add in salt, pepper and garlic pepper.
- Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken and add to vegetable mixture.
- *make pie crust according to bobs red mills package/ or if using packages pre made pie crust
- Using a pie dish or cast iron, spray with oil and line the bottom with pie crust.
- Add filling all the way to the top.
- Add the second pie crust on top and seal around the rim. I add 4 knife slices in the middle to let the heat and steam escape while baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews