Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
Makes 48 cookies
- 2 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup of unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 sticks of butter (room temperature) (vegan butter)
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar (both come out pretty amazing)
- 3 teaspoons of pure organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup organic almond milk (may use any kind of milk)
- 1 and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (vegan)
Vegan Butterscotch chips: https://www.amazon.com/King-David-Butterscotch-Non-dairy-250-gram/dp/B01LY4XIXC
Preheat oven to 350 F
In a large mixing bowl mix butter for 1 minute, add in brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in vanilla, should look light in color.
On low, mix dry into wet ingredients. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder. The dough will be pretty thick. Add in milk.
Then lastly add in butterscotch chips. Make balls about 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches in size on a cookie sheet lined with brown unbleached parchment paper.
Bake for 11 minutes 🙂