Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Heads of Butter or Red Lettuce
- Chopped Peanuts
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/3 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- (Optional; fried rice noodles for topping)
Sauce (Adapted from General Tso’s Chicken)
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Chicken or Veggie Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Veggie Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 Minced Ginger (1 inch piece)
- 2 Teaspoon Minced Scallion (green onion) bottoms
- 8 Small dried red Chinese or Arbol chilis
- For Sauce; mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a meat grinder (we used our Kitchen-aid Meat Grinder ) You can also dice up the chicken into small pieces if you do not have a grinder.
- In a large Pan add 2 tablespoons of veggie oil over medium heat. Add all the chicken and cook until thoroughly cook all the way though. About 10 minutes.
- Lastly add 3/4 of the sauce (if you like it spicy, keep the chilis in, if not remove). heat for another 3 minutes. Set the extra sauce aside for topping.
- Wash all your lettuce wraps, chop your cilantro, green onions and peanuts.
- Add chicken to lettuce wrap, add cilantro, peanuts, green onions, Optional fried rice noodles and top with extra sauce.
- Optional; may also add Annie Chun’S Thai Peanut Sauce (or any peanut sauce) as an extra additional flavor!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews