Butternut Squash Ravioli with a Sage, Garlic Butter Sauce
Serves 4 (Double Recipe to Serve 6 to 8)
- 1 pound of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 oz olive oil
Pasta maker we use (Pasta Maker)
Butternut Squash Filling:
- One large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional; 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Sage & 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Bunch of sage (1/4 Cup)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Use a potato peeler to peel off a the skin from the butternut squash. Carefully slice the butternut squash into small quarter size cubes.
- In a bowl mix the squash with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and optional thyme and sage.
- Place on a cookie a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
6 servings (Dough recipe adapted from Marcato Raviolissima)
Place a pound of flour on a working surface and make a hole in the center
Break four eggs into the hole
With your hands gently begin mixing the flour with the eggs
To soften the mixture, add 1/2 oz of olive oil, a little water, or another egg may be added
Continue to knead the dough until smooth and uniform
Form a ball with the dough, place a towel over the dough so it does not get dry
Cut the dough into small slices. Pass the dough through the flat roller or your pasta maker. With your width dial, turn to number one
Once the dough has been fed through, fold the sheet of dough into two and pass through
Repeat folding and passing the sheet of dough through the rollers several times, lightly flour the sheets each time to keep it smooth
Each time you pass the the dough through, reduce the thickness on the dial (going up one number at a time).
Using the Raviolissma, place sheet a folded sheet of dough over the Raviolissma, put folded end in the Raviolissma; use one tablespoon of ravioli filling to place on top, crank slowly as the filling fills each pocket. Repeat until all is filled in each sheet of dough.
Use a pasta roller, I found mine on Amazon for $16. (Pasta Roller) I find the roller to be a lot easier and you can put more filling inside the raviolis.
- In a large stock pot boil water.
- Add ravioli to boiling water and boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan add chopped sage, 4 garlic cloves, and a stick of butter. Saute until golden brown and/or crispy.
- Strain ravioli from water and add to sauce pan. Coat ravioli with garlic, sage sauce and crisp the raviolis just a tad (about one minute).
- Then serve 🙂