Butternut Squash and Romanesco Salad over Mixed Kale and Spinach with Fried Shallot Croutons
2 to 3 Servings
- 1 Head of Romanesco or Cauliflower
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 3 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar (I used fig balsamic)
- 3 Leaves of Purple Kale
- 3 Leaves of Green Kale
- 6 Large leaves of Spinach
- 2 Medium Sized Shallots
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/8 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Mix both in a container and shake vigorously.
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Using a potato peeler peel off all the skin from the butternut squash, slice the squash into one inch thick slices then slice into small one inch cubes.
- Cut your romanesco into small one inch cubes.
- Place both the romanesco and the butternut squash into a large bowl.
- Melt the honey (if hard) and add to the butternut squash and romanesco.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the mixture and mix well. Add Garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Lay out on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 45 minutes, stirring it around 20 minutes in.
- Slice you shallots into thin slices (shown in the picture above).
- Melt the coconut oil and in a small bowl mix with the sliced shallots. Lay out shallots on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 15 minute (375F) or until nice and crispy but not burnt.
- Wash all your kale and spinach.
- Chop up the kale and spinach bit sizes.
- Place you greens in a bowl, add your butternut squash, romanesco, and crispy shallot croutons. Cover in dressing and enjoy!
Submit your review