Blackberry Cobbler with Oatmeal Crust
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 2/3 Cup All Purpose or Gluten Free Flour
- 2/3 Cup Dark Brown or Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Cold Butter
- 5-6 Cups of Rinsed Blackberries
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Zest of Half one Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla or Almond Extract
- 5 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large bowl mix, oat meal, sugar and flour together. Using a pastry cutter or a knife, chop up the butter as small as possible and mix with the dry ingredients. *Helpful hint; I find it easier to mix the ingredients with my hands molding the butter into the dry ingredients until well combined and can easily form a giant ball.
- Butter or oil the bottom of your 9″ pie pan.
- Press the oatmeal crust on the bottom of the pan and form it up the sides. Leave 1/3 of the oat meal crust for the topping.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Once the crust is a nice golden brown add the filling on top of the crust.
- Add additional oatmeal crumble on top. Fell free to get creative or just crumble it on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes and enjoy!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews