Baked Pesto Chicken over Zucchini Risotto
Serves 3 to 4
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Pint of Pesto (Favorite store bought or homemade)
- 1 Lemon
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Lundberg White Arborio Rice
- 4 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup White Wine (or extra 1/2 cup broth)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Whole White Onion
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 375 F
- I used Lodge Mini Cast Iron
- Drizzle oil in the bottom of each cast iron (you can use any oven safe dish). Lay each chicken breast down and squeeze 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of lemon juic on each one.
- Evenly spread out the pesto on top of each chicken breast (using the whole 1/2 pint).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Use one tablespoon of olive oil and chopped onion and saute until soft and light golden brown.
- Add in one cup of rice. and saute until lightly brown (about 2 minutes).
- In a separate pot add 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth and let it come to a light boil.
- Add in 1/2 cup of white wine or broth and let the rice soak up.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth at a time, letting the rice soak up the broth before adding another. Repeat this step until all broth is gone.
- Lastly add parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In a separate pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chopped up zucchini (about one inch in size), add salt and garlic powder, cook until lightly brown on each side and cooked to your desire. Mix in with risotto.
Serve chicken on top of rice or on the side, enjoy 🙂
Submit your review